Personal Injury Lawyers Indianapolis, IN
Do I have a personal injury case?To prove negligence in your personal injury claim, there are four elements your attorney will consider:
- Duty: This is the responsible party’s obligation to provide reasonable care to you by engaging in, or not engaging in, a certain behavior.
- Breach: Once you have established duty, breach considers whether that duty was delivered by the person who was allegedly at fault.
- Causation: If duty was breached, you must prove that breach caused your personal injury.
- Damages: You must demonstrate that you suffered an actual injury as a result of the other party’s actions or negligence.
Let’s Talk About the Statute of LimitationsYour experienced injury attorney will get to work on your case right away; long before the Statute of Limitations expires. It takes time to investigate a claim for damages, It takes time to interview witnesses and first responders It takes time to collect and document evidence Note: If you wish to seek restitution for your personal injury in Indiana, you must begin taking action against the offending party within two years of the incident, as dictated by the statute of limitations. If you do not, you may forfeit your right to pursue a civil suit.
The Advantages of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
The insurance company knows your lawyer KNOWS the law, court rulings and the Rules of Civil ProcedureIf you or someone you know has been injured by another’s negligence, work with a skilled and experienced personal injury attorneyin Indianapolis to pursue compensation from negligent parties and insurance companies.
Protection of evidenceSuffering an injury caused by someone else’s negligence takes time, patience and an experienced lawyer that works on your behalf. The personal injury lawyers in the Indianapolis offices of Ward & Ward Law Firm immediately take proven and effective action to protect your interests and the facts of your case before critical evidence can be lost or otherwise disturbed.
Mounting medical billsEvery case turns on its own wheels but experienced Indianapolis personal injury lawyers utilize legal strategies that may help their clients with mounting medical bills, past and future, stemming from emergency room, hospitalization, physician, imaging and rehabilitation.
Loss of wages, past and future; pain and sufferingLawyers, Don Ward and Charlie Ward, will further seek compensation for loss of past and future earnings, as well as damages for pain and suffering. Experienced injury attorneys frequently work with experts in the fields of economics and accident reconstruction to substantiate a settlement or jury award that is fair and equitable for their clients. The attorneys at Ward & Ward Law Firm have more than 87 years of combined experience helping injured people throughout Marion County, surrounding towns and the state of Indiana.
Call Ward & Ward Law Firm today
Ask for Attorney “Charlie Ward”
We provide unmatched legal guidance and responsive support when you need it most.
What is a personal injury claim?There is a wide range of scenarios that could result in a personal injury or wrongful death to you or a loved one. In some cases, these injuries are relatively minor, while in other situations you could be dealing with head or spine injuries that require long recovery times — if a full recovery is possible at all. The following are the most common causes of personal injuries:
- Auto accidents. Distracted driving, failure to yield, exceeding speed limits and driving while intoxicated are all common factors leading to serious auto accidents. After you exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver and call the police, speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the crash.
- Truck accidents.hese accidents are particularly serious, resulting in severe injuries and damage to property. Logbook errors, poor vehicle maintenance and the violation of federal regulations often cause serious trucking accidents.
- Defective products. . When a product manufacturer releases a dangerous or defective product to the public, serious injuries may result. You may need to file a product liability lawsuit to collect monetary damages from the individuals or organizations responsible.
- Dangerous premises.Businesses and private property owners must maintain reasonably safe premises for customers and guests, keeping them free of slippery surfaces, blocked walkways and falling objects. A failure to do so could place guests in serious danger.
- Construction accidents. Construction is an inherently dangerous profession, but that doesn’t mean employers are free from liability when an accident occurs. If you have suffered a personal injury at work, you may need to fight for workers’ compensation benefits from your company’s insurer.
- Aviation and railroad accidents.Poor weather conditions, turbulence, mechanical errors and inadequate crew briefing could lead to a train or an airplane accident. The pilot or train operator is responsible for maintaining strict standards of safety to avoid a serious accident.
- Mesothelioma/asbestos exposure.. Over time, exposure to asbestos and other dangerous materials may cause serious illnesses, often resulting in premature death. We can help you file a lawsuit against an employer or other party who was negligent for failing to inform workers about the dangers of this exposure.
Should I File a Lawsuit Without an Attorney?This can be a difficult process because there are many unknowns that may adversely affect your claim. We recommend working with an experienced personal injury lawyer who you are comfortable with and limits their practice of law to personal injury and wrongful death claims.
What is comparative negligence? Will it affect my settlement or award?Again, the pitfalls of representing yourself are many. As attorney Charlie Ward says, “You don’t know what you don’t know.” Experienced injury attorneys receive daily updates of laws and judicial rulings that may affect your claim.
What is comparative negligence? Will it affect my settlement or award?Indiana is a comparative negligence state, so the amount you receive depends on whether you have been deemed partially responsible for the accident. For example, if a jury finds you were 30 percent responsible for a car crash, your compensation is limited to 70 percent of the damages you would otherwise receive. Consult a skilled attorney if you have questions about this complex issue.
There is no substitute for experience.People who negotiate a settlement without legal representation frequently undervalue the worth of their claim. The facts of your case cannot be changed. But attorneys who limit their practice to personal injury claims employ various strategies to support their client’s claim for restitution. Your attorneys reputation is an important factor in a successful representation. Our attorneys have dedicated their lives to giving a voice to individuals who have been harmed by another person or entity’s negligence. We deliver a persuasive argument for fair and just monetary compensation.
Every client’s claim is importantOur attorneys treat every claim – from beginning to end – as if it will go to trial. That means the rules of civil procedure as set forth by the courts are thoroughly and strictly followed. We do not take shortcuts.
Call Ward & Ward Law Firm today
Ask for Attorney “Charlie Ward”