Bicycle Accident Attorneys Indianapolis, IN
Experienced Indianapolis Bicycle Accident LawyersWhether you bike for fun, for sport or to commute, bicycling is an enjoyable, “green” way to get around. With miles of accessible bike lanes in Indianapolis and Marion County, energy conservationists have an easier — and presumably safer — time cycling in the city. However, careless motorists still pose a serious threat to bike riders’ health and well-being; a collision could cause and catastrophic injuries or even death. Not all cycling accidents are caused by motorized vehicles. Cyclists are also injured because of poor surface maintenance, faulty engineering, inadequate or non-existent signs.
If your bicycle is crashed as the result of driver negligence, your bike accident lawyer may make a claim of compensation for the following damages:Economic Damages – economic damages include compensation for monetary losses that are quantitatively measured and objectively verifiable such as:
Non-Economic Damages – unverifiable and subjective losses for harms and may include:
- Property damage – includes cost to repair or replace your bicycle, loss or damage to personal property
- Injuries – including, but not limited to brain and spinal cord injuries, etc.
- Medical bills – these may include ambulance, emergency room (ER), emergency room physicians and radiologists, imaging, hospital, surgery, rehab, physical therapy, etc.
- Lost wages – loss of wages and/or future earning capacity (expert consulting witnesses may be employed to formulate a reliable and trustworthy monetary value)
- Pain and suffering – including chronic severe pain and physical trauma, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, etc.
- Loss of consortium – this is a claim that may be made by your spouse for loss of companionship or affection
- Death of a loved one – this is a claim that might be brought by a spouse, child or other family member of the deceased person