Personal Injury Attorney Indianapolis, IN
If you or a loved one has been hurt from an accident caused by others, you may want to take proactive steps toward protecting your legal rights. At Ward & Ward Law Firm
, we may help provide legal counsel for any of your personal injury needs. You may have some general questions regarding your legal rights and personal injury cases, we are here to help answer those questions.
What are personal injury cases?
When mishaps occur, the person who sustained harm or injury from the accident could hold the other party legally accountable for that injury. The dispute can be handled by filing a formal lawsuit in Indianapolis, IN or having an informal settlement arranged. In both of these options, having a trusted personal injury attorney
from Ward & Ward Law Firm may help increase the value of your compensation.
- Formal Lawsuits: This occurs when the individual files a civil “complaint” against another business, corporation, person, or government agency because they acted carelessly or negligently and caused harm to the individual. If this is the path you want to pursue, then you will need to file a lawsuit. Having a personal injury attorney who understands the complexity of these legal matters could be an influential factor of the outcome of the lawsuit.
- Informal Settlement: This is the most common type of resolution used for personal injury cases. The settlement is typically among the personnel involved in the dispute, their insurance companies, and lawyers representing each side. During this type of resolvement, both sides negotiate an amount of money that the injured party will receive. After the amount of money is agreed upon, a written agreement is signed by both parties that would prohibit any further action, such as a lawsuit.
Basis for Personal Injury
If you were injured it could have been due to another person’s negligence. This is the failure to use reasonable care, resulting in damage or injury to another. Negligence can cover a wide spread of personal injury cases, however, there are other grounds for filing a personal injury case.
- Strict Liability: This holds manufacturers and designers accountable and strictly liable for injuries that occur due to defective products. In this situation, it must be shown that the product was manufactured in a way that made it unreasonably dangerous when used for its intended purpose.
- Intentional Wrongs: These types of situations typically encompass assault and battery. This is when an individual deliberately harms you. They may have further criminal charges, but they can also be held financially liable for your injuries in a civil court in Indianapolis, IN.
Statute of Limitations
The injured party has a limited time to file a lawsuit. This is called a statute of limitations. This time period begins when the individual was injured or discovers their injury. The statute of limitations can vary by state and by the type of injury. Our attorneys are well-versed in the statute of limitations for different situations and may help you understand which deadlines apply to your case.
Is it important to hire a personal injury attorney in Indianapolis, IN?
When a victim in Indianapolis, IN contacts personal injury attorney after suffering a serious injury they are usually full of questions. This is understandable as most people (thankfully) have never before in this situation. And the outcome is critical as without fair compensation from the at-fault party, the victim is left with medical bills and other damages that they will have to cover on their own. Not only is this unfair, it is often impractical because of the cost involved. In addition, they may be out of work for quite some time until they fully recover. And when they’re ready to return to work, their job may not be waiting for them. All of these reasons are why it’s so important to contact our personal injury attorney in Indianapolis, IN as soon as possible after sustaining a serious injury in an accident caused by someone else. To determine whether or not we can help you get proper compensation from the at-fault party, we encourage you to call us for a free consultation with our personal injury attorney.
Are personal injury accidents that common?
Unfortunately, accidents requiring the legal guidance of a personal injury attorney are very common in Indianapolis, IN. This is a large city and it’s expanding all the time. Personal injury law encompasses many areas. Because there are all manner of accidents that result in serious or fatal injuries, Ward & Ward has represented many thousands of victims since we opened our doors. To provide perspective on how many types of personal injury accidents occur on a regular basis, consider this list of common examples:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Personal assault
- Road rage incidents
- Medical malpractice
- Asbestos and other toxic substances exposure
- Boat accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective product
- Cruise ship accidents
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber accidents
What can a personal injury attorney in Indianapolis, IN do for me?
When our personal injury attorney represents a client in Indianapolis, IN, the primary goal is to obtain the maximum possible amount of compensation from the responsible party. In fact, we have an outstanding record of achieving this. Without an experienced attorney by your side, the at-fault party’s insurance company is unlikely to offer a fair settlement. They are all too aware that they can usually take advantage of naive victims in Indianapolis, IN because without a personal injury attorney by their side, they are apt to agree to the first settlement amount offered to them. And if they object to it, they are often told that they will not get a second offer. Meanwhile, their medical bills are piling up. We can help. Contact us at Ward & Ward if you suffered serious harm because of another’s negligence or carelessness. When you call our Indianapolis, IN office, request a free consultation with our personal injury attorney to discuss your case and learn how we might be able to help you.
Contact Ward & Ward Law Firm Today
If you have been the victim of a personal injury, you deserve fair compensation for your medical bills, personal damage, and lost wages. A personal injury attorney Indianapolis, IN residents trust may fight aggressively on your behalf, whether you are filing for a lawsuit or wanting to obtain a settlement. Allow us to handle the legal stresses while you take the necessary time to get healthy once again.